Step out the front door like a ghost into a fog

Random collection of opinions and observations as I journey through my personal, spiritual, and professional life.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Lets get married already

So I get married in about 17 days or so. Honestly, I can't wait. The fact that I cannot wait makes me feel strange. People come up to me all the time and ask "are you nervous?" I have been asked the question so many times that I am starting to feel like there is something wrong with me BECAUSE I am not nervous or scared.

Honestly, I am just excited to get it over with. Wedding planning is terrible and stressful. I feel that we have made weddings into way more then they have to be. Do you think our parents generation stressed this much about weddings? When did this all happen? When Katie and I first got engaged I thought that since we would have just over a year to plan that it would eventually be done. Boy was I wrong. I have learned that wedding planning is never done. Eventually the day just comes. Then you are done.

My biggest fear is that Katie is such a perfectionist and so worried about things that she will not have any fun. That instead she will be so concerned about everything and everyone else that she will forget that more than anything, this day is about her (and sometimes us). That just isn't how she is wired though. My question, is then why spend thousands to have a stressed out Katie? I get that on a daily basis with her being a resident pediatrician.

This all being said, I am ready for it to be over. I just want to be married. I want to have a marriage, and not just a person to plan a wedding with. Does that make sense?

Hopefully the last few days of planning go well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home