Step out the front door like a ghost into a fog

Random collection of opinions and observations as I journey through my personal, spiritual, and professional life.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

At what point?

For the past 8 years my main issue with republicans was their unwavering support of George W. Bush. Torture, wars, economy, stupidity... the list goes on, but there was a large group of people that never batted an eye. He could have burned their houses down and sacrificed their first born child and they wouldn't have cared because he was THEIR guy.

So the question I pose is when do democrats become guilty of the same thing? Imagine if George W. Bush had sent 4,000 more troops into Afghanistan? Or spent TRILLIONS bailing out companies that donated money to his campaign?

Now I like Barack, but I vowed many moons ago to stick to my beliefs and support ideas and not people. Republicans drove me crazy because they supported people and not ideas, hence the current state of the republican part. But I can only imagine the outrage that people would have if Bush were doing some (not all!) of the things Obama is now.

I support the vast majority of Obama's moves, but fear that too many people don't care, and would support him if he left a bag of flaming dog-poop on your doorstep. If that happens, democrats will be no different when Obama is out of office than the republicans are now. They will be lost and trying to find out 'who they are.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home